Freight Shipping to Taiwan
Our cheap international freight to Taiwan is not only value-for-money, but is also second to none in terms of experienced and professional customer service. Whether just one pallet to Taiwan, FCL / Full container load or multiple containers to Taiwan, we arrange your sea freight to the Republic of China (its official title) in a friendly and knowledgeable manner. We can even arrange full marine insurance for your cargo from the UK to Taiwan.
We carry business / commercial cargo only UK to / from Taiwan. For personal goods, house moves and car shipping we recommend our partners Anglo Pacific
We understand freight forwarders to Taiwan must offer not only affordable sea freight quotes / rates, but also ensure a complete range of services too. We are happy to accept consignments of any size, including 20ft and 40ft containers, LCL / Less than a container load, 120 x 100 and 120 x 80 centimetre base pallets to Taiwan, as well as groupage shipping and express international shipping. Transit times start from just 13 days.
There is much confusion over "this part of China". A short geography/history lesson will clarify:
The island of Taiwan (just off the Chinese mainland) constitutes 99% of the "Republic of China" (RoC); the other 1% are small outlying islands
"Mainland China" - officially "Peoples Republic of China" (PRC) - is 266 times larger; each "China" claims sovereignty over the other! The PRC had been expected to invade, but despite occasional spats with its tiny USA-backed RoC neighbour, both seem to be "letting sleeping dogs lie" for now
This state of affairs was caused by the Chinese civil war which petered out in 1949; the Communists drove the RoC Nationalists out of the mainland (which they had governed since 1912), leaving them only Taiwan and other small islands. The communist mainland became the "PRC" or "Communist China" as we know it.
Taiwan has been (&/or still is) known by several other names: Formosa, Nationalist China, Chinese Taipai, Free China, or just China - which all adds to the confusion!
Regardless - whether sending sea freight to Formosa, containers to Chinese Taipai, or pallets to this part of China - Barrington Freight are the first choice freight forwarder to Taiwan, Republic of China!
Although its eastern two-thirds are mostly rugged mountains, the gently rolling Chianan Plains in the west are home to most of Taiwan's population. Most Taiwanese freight will ship to the primary port of Keelung in the north, or other main ports of Taichung, Mailiao, Kaohsiung and Hualien. The capital is Taipai, with other major cities being New Taipai, Tainan, Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Zhongli and Chiaya.
To send your East Asian shipment or cargo from the UK to Taiwan, ring us on 01268 525 444; we look forward to handling your 20ft and 40ft containers, FCL / Full container loads, LCL / Less than a container load, groupage shipping, and export cartons and pallets to Taiwan. To ensure you are kept fully informed, your shipping to the RoC will be handled and progressed by a dedicated representative to completely look after your individual needs. Bespoke requirements, awkward shapes and sizes, big and heavy items are also a speciality!
View Larger Map
Businesses entering into trade with Taiwan can seek assistance from the British Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan -
Website - British Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan