is a sea freight shipping company that specialise in shipping pallets from China to the UK. If you have recently made a purchase of stock from China, then Barrington Freight can ship the freight to the UK, on time and to your satisfaction.
At first glance, freight shipping from China can appear to be quite complex and confusing however, with careful selection of a good freight forwarding company, the process of shipping from China can be made very simple and hassle free. If you are thinking of importing from China, or are unhappy with your current freight forwarding company, please give us a call to discuss your requirements.
Barrington Freight specialise in carrying UK business and commercial cargo from and to China, using our experience in freight forwarding between the UK and China.
For personal goods, house moves and car shipping we recommend our partners Anglo Pacific
Barrington Freight can help you Ship from China to the United Kingdom from all of the major Chinese ports, including Beihai, Beijing, Chiwan, Dalian, Dandong, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hankou, Hong Kong, Huangpu, Hunagzhou, Jiangmen, Jiujiang, Kaohsiung, Keelung, Lianyungang, Macau, Nanhai, Nanjing, Nantong, Ningbo, Qingdao, Qinhuangdao, Rizhao, Sanya, Shanghai, Shantou, Shekou, Shenzhen, Shunde, Suzhou, Taichung, Tianjin, Weihai, Wenzhou, Wuxi, Xiamen, Xingang, Yangzhou, Yantain, Xiamen, Xingang, Zhanjiang, Zhongshan and Zhuhai
To ensure that we at Barrington Freight can offer the very best freight forwarding
solution, we will need to ask you a few questions about the details of your freight shipping from China, so please try to have the following information at hand:
- Weight and dimensions : you should quite easily be able to get the accurate details of the overall weight and dimensions of your consignment from the supplier in China. Depending on this information we can arrange air freight or sea freight as a part container (LCL) or as a full container load (FCL). We are happy to advise on the different container types and help you choose the best for your needs. The most popular sea containers for shipping from China are the 20 foot, 40 foot or 40 foot high cube container. If the consignment is particularly large/volumetric or sensitive and you are not sure of the most efficient container size please look at our guide to container sizes for full details.
- Terms of sale : this is very important when working out what charges you will have to pay - there are several different terms, all of which have 3-letter acronyms, including CFR, CIF, CPT, DAF, DDP, DDU, EXW, FCA, FAS, FOB, etc.
Common China Import Incoterms
- EXW (ex works) means that the buyer bears all costs and risks involved in taking the goods from the seller's premises to the desired destination (ie. the minimum obligation for the seller).
- FOB (free on board) means that the seller is responsible for all local charges in China, including delivery to the port and any terminal handling charges at the port. Once the goods are on board the ship, the buyer assumes responsibility for all charges and risks from that point.
- DDP (delivered duty paid) means that the seller bears all costs including taxes, duty and delivery to the buyer (ie. the maximum obligation for the seller).
What is best for shipping from China, Air freight or sea freight?<
When shipping to China from the UK, or from China to back here to the UK, there are some deciding factors that can influence whether we use air freight
or sea freight
for your pallet shipment. If you have any queries on what will work best for you, then please do get in contact
- Urgency : generally, imports from China take approximately 21 to 29 days by sea freight and 3 to 6 days by air freight. There is naturally a considerable difference between the two costs and therefore you need to determine how quickly you need the goods back in the UK.
Customs clearance for China import cargo
Customs/duties : every individual product has a unique tariff code - a 10 digit commodity code that is used to identify the rates of Duty/tax payable for that particular product - your supplier should be able to tell you this. Once you have the correct ten-digit commodity code, the HMRC National Advice Service (NAS
) will be able to quote the correct rate of duty, VAT and any excise duty to be paid.
We are experts in import customs clearance and will ensure that your shipment clears quickly and without delay. We can make the VAT & Duty calculations for you prior to the vessel arriving.
By using Barrington Freight for your freight forwarding
to and from China, you will be partnering with one of the most experienced freight forwarding companies in the UK
View Larger Map