Effective from 1 January 2021, the UKCA mark is acceptable for goods being placed in the market in Great Britain (England, Scotland, and Wales). This change will come into full effect on 1 January 2023, so HMRC is still accepting the CE mark for the time being. Your manufacturer/seller must place a CE at least 5mm high onto the product itself, the packaging, or an accompanying document such as the user manual. Ensure that the labelling links to the declaration of conformity (DoC) that shows that the item conforms to UK safety standards.
The accompanying declaration of conformity needs to include:
- the name and address of the manufacturer,
- a serial number for identification,
- Information about the product,
- The conformity assessment body and
- The relevant UK/EU legislation with which the product complies